Carpal Tunnel Mitts or Gloves help to keep the wrist in a neutral position. It combines heat therapy and light compression for aching hands. By giving proper support to your wrist, it reduces the pressure on the median nerve while giving protection against carpal tunnel syndrome.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is also known as median nerve compression, which causes numbness, tingling or burning in fingers. Because of the pressure on the median nerve, you can feel weakness in your hand that may cause difficulty in holding things with your hand. The pain of carpal tunnel syndrome seems like surgery is the only option for relief. But, there is some preventive measure that can still make you feel better.
How Carpal Tunnel Mitts or gloves can Provide Relief from Pain?
- The Carpal Tunnel mitts are formed in a way that allows full movement of fingers and manages wrist from activities that lead to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The layers of the gloves are textured in a way that provides your hand with an extra grip so you can indulge in daily activities. It helps prevent the wrist movements that cause carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Wearing a carpal tunnel glove reduces wrist pain by placing the wrist, hand and fingers in a comfortable position. Wear it for up to six hours during the day to indulge in daily activities and work without any pain. These gloves deviate the pressure of the median nerve and reduce the symptoms of carpal tunnel by protecting your hand from vibration and impact.
- Most people bend their wrist while sleeping, which causes too much pressure on the median nerve. However, some people sleep in the wrong postures that can cause numbness in their hand. Try a carpel tunnel glove, as it can give you some relief by keeping the hand in a comfortable, neutral position.
- Using Carpal Tunnel Mitts or gloves is one of the most convenient ways to soothe the wrist injuries and ease carpal tunnel pain. While selecting gloves, choose a structured one that will support the wrist when working.
What Features to look for in Carpal Tunnel Gloves?
- Effectiveness: The foremost factor of using this glove is “relief.” Different brands promise different results, so make sure you go through the customer reviews before purchasing. Try it on your hand and then analyze how effective are these for your pain.
- Fitting: Make sure the glove fits appropriately on your hand to make it effective. There are many sizes available in the market to check which size may work for you. Determine the right size so that it keeps your wrist in a resting position to ease the pain and numbness.
- Comfort: Pick the one that is lightweight, breathable and flexible. It should fit in your hand such that you can work comfortably. Make sure the layer of fabric is adjustable to better fit your wrist an aid in daily activities.
Different types of Carpal Tunnel Mitts Available in the Market
- Copper Compression Gloves: Copper-infused gloves protect against the infectious diseases caused by pathogenic microorganisms. It ensures better blood flow to reduce joint inflammation and stiffness and improve mobility to grip objects with ease.
- Thermoskin Gloves: The combined effect of Thermoskin gloves offers your wrist warmth and even compression. Additional metal on the palm supports the wrist movement to alleviate the pain.
- Gloves with Splints: The metal splint helps prevent wrist movements that can cause Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The adjustable strap wrapped around the wrist keeps the glove in a proper position to provide relief against tissue and stress injuries.
Other than this, you need to do some stretching and exercise advised by the therapist. Take a short break from the repetitive tasks to avoid pain. The recover can take months, so take preventive measures as much as possible.
leave a comment